There are two fundamental ways to earn money with digital currencies, the first is through mining. The other important way is through cryptocurrency trading, in both cases, it is necessary to have a competitive hardware model.
In the case of digital mining, you need a very specialized type of equipment. These are the Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). It is about mining machines, of which its most popular exponents are represented by Chinese manufacturers: Bitmain, MicroBT, Ebang and Canaan Creatives.
When it comes to trading with cryptocurrencies, you don’t need a team the size of an ASIC and even less the complex installation process. In this case, you only need a good quality PC depending on how many functions you are going to use. The other requirement is a stable Internet connection.
The ideal PC for trading cryptocurrencies
Basically, any computer with more than 8 GB of RAM memory, can be used for trading cryptocurrencies. Although, the recommended is 16 GB of RAM. However, traders have different levels of performance. In other words, they require more tools for their analysis, which requires equipment capable of withstanding a high demand.
For example, novice and consequently more modest traders do not require more than a basic PC on which they can open three windows. In this case, the broker, the calculator and the analysis tool.
However, as traders specialize in their area, and their risks in amounts increase, they need to resort to more applications. In this scenario, multiple open windows are needed, with video, image and audio editing programs, among many other applications.
Live video conferencing windows with other traders or mentors can also be counted. All of this makes a simple PC insufficient to effectively trade cryptocurrencies at a more professional level.
Characteristics of a good PC
That said, it only remains to answer at what level you are in terms of cryptocurrency trading. Are you an amateur, intermediate or expert? The equipment that best suits your needs will depend on this.
But before talking about brands and their prices, it is important to keep one point in mind. Each activity requires a different type of PC. For example, gamers need machines with good processors and powerful video cards. Those who are dedicated to Big data, need good RAM. In the case of cryptocurrency trading, the demands are lower than the previous two activities.
However, you must choose equipment of a sufficient quality that does not turn your activity into a tedious and desperate anguish. To do this, you must pay attention to the type of processor, RAM and video card (GPU), the hard disk and the monitor (s), if you are going to use more than one.
As stated above, you don’t need a big budget like that required by gamers and even less like that required by mining. But that does not mean that you neglect the necessary components so that your cryptocurrency trading is not interrupted by inconveniences such as slowness or interruptions.
A little more detail
One of the options to obtain the ideal equipment to exercise cryptocurrency trading is to build your own PC. To do this, it is advisable to have basic computer skills or seek advice. Consequently, you should be aware of the following.
- Processor: By no means do you need an Intel Xeon or an AMD Opteron. But a low-end processor that collapses when looking for information is not recommended either. It is recommended, then, to have a new generation Intel i7 or an AMD Ryzen 7.
- RAM: This is one of the most important parts, since stability depends on it when executing multiple operations. Brokers are not very demanding, but if you are going to use dozens of tools, the more RAM the better. The recommendation is to look for one with a minimum speed of 3,000 Mhz, and 16 GB onwards.
- GPU: All the functions needed to trade cryptocurrencies do not require a very advanced GPU. In fact, two monitors can run very well with a dedicated low-end like the Nvidia 930 MX and higher ones (in laptops). On desktop PCs, Nvidia’s GTX 1030 or AMD’s rx560 can work.
- HDD: without any problem you can choose a SSD greater than 240 GB.
- Screens: It is important to note that a screen with a minimum resolution of 1920 × 1080 will be required. They must also be in Full HD. A good appreciation of the graphics of the applications used depends on it.
Some models that fulfill these functions
If you don’t want or don’t have time to put together an ideal computer, you don’t need to worry. In that case, you should only locate the equipment that approximately meets the characteristics described above.
We present you 3 computers that can serve as a reference. The first of them could be HP Pavilium Gaming. It is a laptop, quite advanced and efficient to fulfill the functions of trading on the different cryptocurrency platforms and, in addition, to do other tasks in the process. It has a cost of about $ 700.
Another model that can fulfill the necessary functions for trading and much more, is the ASUS ROG Strix Scar II. It has an approximate cost of $ 1,500.
Finally, if your budget is short and you require a more affordable option without sacrificing quality, there are also options. In this case, you can go for the Acer Aspire E15, which is available at an approximate price of $ 365 USD.
A big difference
As can be seen, trading with cryptocurrencies does not require large investments. With the three options of equipment that we have presented or with any other PC that you can customize with the parts described above, it is enough to start operating.
Another fact that you should not overlook when buying a PC is that you always be attentive to the expandability. For example, if you have a 16 GB RAM, its expansion capacity, that is, for you to install a larger one, it must be at least double.
Summary in data
- Unlike cryptocurrency mining, crypto trading does not require large investments in equipment.
- However, when choosing an ideal computer to trade digital currencies, you must be careful not to choose low-end equipment.
- One of the best options is to build your computer, buying the ideal parts you need to trade.
- Likewise, you can buy some equipment with a processor, RAM, GPU and hard disk similar or better than those that we have pointed out.
- Three of those PCs can be the Acer Aspire E15, the ASUS ROG Strix Scar II or the HP Pavilium Gaming. There are more options, the decision is yours.
The information and data contained in this work are not an advice or guide to make investments. It is a material whose objective is merely informative and didactic.